LAST UPDATED: MARCH 2021
Prudential (“we” or “us”) respects your privacy, and we are committed to protecting it. This Online Privacy Statement explains how we may collect, use, share and retain information about you and your choices.
This Online Privacy Statement describes our practices in connection with information we collect when you:
- Visit our websites (“Websites”)
- Receive or reply to email or other electronic communications from us
- View or click on our ads or other Prudential online content
- Interact with us on social media or websites and applications maintained by other parties
- Use our software applications (“Apps”) on or through computers and mobile devices
collectively referred to as “Online Services”.
Our Online Services are controlled and operated by Prudential from the United States and are intended for use by residents of the United States. They are not intended to subject Prudential to the laws or jurisdictions of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. If you are using these Online Services from outside the United States, they may not necessarily be consistent with the laws and regulations of your home country.
Other websites and services of Prudential and its affiliates may contain different privacy statements, which supplement this Online Privacy Statement. You are advised to review the privacy statement of each Prudential Online Service.
How We Collect Information
Depending on your relationship with us, we may ask you to provide certain personal information about you and your dependents/beneficiaries in order to adequately provide services. For example, you may provide us with general identification and account information such as your name, telephone number, policy or account number, mailing address, email address, or date of birth when you:
- Apply for or obtain a Prudential product or service;
- Request that a Prudential representative contact you;
- Instruct us to perform a transaction;
- Fill out an online survey or form or participate in a promotion;
- Ask to receive information about our products or services;
- Register for online access to access your account; and/or
- Download, link to or use our mobile apps or those maintained by a third party
You may also provide us with your financial information and goals when you use certain services, features, and tools on our Online Services.
Unless specifically requested, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any additional sensitive personal information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) through the use of the Online Services.
If you disclose any personal information relating to other people to us or to our service providers in connection with the Websites, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Online Privacy Statement.
We may also collect your personal information from other sources, such as publicly available databases, providers of demographic information, and social media platforms.
We also collect information through emails. From time to time, we may send you emails about our products and services. Prudential and third parties with which we contract may collect information regarding your interaction with these emails, including whether you opened the email, how long you viewed the email, and whether you opened any links in the email.
In addition, we collect “Other Information” about visitors to our Websites. Other Information we may collect includes:
- The number of visitors to our site
- The pages visited on our site
- The features used
- How long a visitor stays
- The domain name of the site from which visitors connect to our site
- Browser and device information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies
- Information that has been aggregated in a manner such that it no longer reveals your identity
We may also collect Other Information when you download and use an App. We may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as personal information under applicable law, then we may use and disclose it for the purposes for which we use and disclose personal information as detailed in this Statement. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with personal information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as personal information as long as it is combined.
Our Online Services are not directed at nor intended for children under the age of 13. We also do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. You can learn about children's privacy and the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) at the Federal Trade Commission's website at http://www.ftc.gov Opens in a new window.
Social Security Numbers
Prudential retains personal information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law.
How We Use Information
We use personal information we collect for business purposes, to:
- Process applications and transactions;
- Verify your identity (such as when you access your account information);
- Prevent, detect and investigate crime, including fraud and money laundering, and analyze and manage other commercial risks
- Respond to your requests and communicating with you;
- Manage your preferences;
- Perform analytics concerning your use of our Online Services, including your responses to our emails and the pages and advertisements you view;
- To allow you to participate in contests, prize draws, or other similar promotions and to administer those activities;
- To resolve complaints and handle requests for data access, deletion, or correction;
- Provide you tailored content and marketing messages;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; improving existing products, services and Websites; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal and regulatory requirements, legal process, contractual obligations and our policies;
- To establish and defend legal rights, protect our operations and pursue available remedies or limit our damages;
- Provide you with online financial tools
- Manage infrastructure and other business operations
We may also use personal information for any other purposes that we may specifically disclose at the time we collect your information.
How We Share Information
We may make personal information collected online available to:
- Prudential affiliates;
- A Prudential agent or an independent financial professional to provide you with a policy quotation or other information regarding insurance and financial service products;
- External service providers/vendors;
- Third parties or affiliates in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale, consolidation or merger of Prudential businesses;
- Governmental or other public authorities (e.g., regulators, law enforcement) as permitted or required by law, or to others as required by law;
- Credit bureaus; and
- For participants of retirement or group insurance plans and/or policies, upon the request of your employer or plan sponsor, we may disclose information regarding your use of our Websites to your employer or plan sponsor or a subcontractor working for your employer or plan sponsor.
- Third parties for other legal reasons, such as to enforce our terms and conditions or to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
Transfer of Personal Information
For the purposes set out above we may transfer personal information to third parties located in other countries. For example, we may transfer Personal Information internationally to our group companies, service providers, business partners, and governmental or public authorities. By providing personal information and other information to us through the Online Services, you understand that personal information may be transferred from the United States to other countries unless we are legally or contractually restricted by law from such transfer.
Understanding Cookies and Similar Technologies
We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of other ways, including through a browser or device; using cookies, pixel tags or other similar technologies; and through IP addresses.
Cookies and Pixel Tags
Cookies are a standard feature of websites that allow us to store small amounts of data on your computer about your use of our Websites. A cookie is a small piece of information that a website can send to your browser and may then be stored on your computer's hard drive. It acts as an anonymous tag that identifies your computer, but may not identify you personally. Cookies have the ability to store information about web pages viewed and the advertisements viewed or clicked. For registered customers, cookies can also save user information and screen preferences.
A pixel tag, also known as a clear GIF or web beacon, is an invisible tag placed on certain pages of our Websites but not on your computer. When you access these pages, pixel tags generate a generic notice of that visit. They usually work in conjunction with cookies, registering when a particular device visits a particular page. If you turn off cookies, the pixel tag will simply detect an anonymous website visit.
This website uses Mouseflow, a third-party analytics tool, to track page content and click/touch, movement, scroll, and keystroke activity. You can opt-out at https://mouseflow.com/opt-out/ Opens in a new window.
For further information about this practice and to learn about your choices in connection with it, please visit. http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp Opens in a new window and http://www.aboutads.info/ Opens in a new windowor the Ad Choices link at the bottom of our Websites.
Linking to Third-Party Websites
Prudential seeks to use reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards and other security measures to protect personal information within our organization. Please note that information you send to us electronically may not be secure when it is transmitted to us. We recommend that you do not use unsecure channels to communicate sensitive or confidential information to us through the use of the Online Services. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us at Global.Privacy@prudential.com or 1-800-PRU-HELP (778-4357).
Updating Your Information
To access online information about your Prudential account, you may register for access through https://www.prudential.com/clientenroll. We may collect information that you voluntarily provide on this site. If you would prefer to provide us with this information offline, you may call the following for service:
- 1-800-PRU-HELP (778-4357)
- The telephone number associated with the particular online form or
- Your Prudential representative
Changes to this Online Privacy Statement
We may amend this Online Privacy Statement at any time. When we do, we will let you know by appropriate means such as by posting the revised statement on this page with a new “Last Updated” date. Changes to this Online Privacy Statement will become effective when posted unless indicated otherwise.
If you have any questions after reviewing this statement, please contact us at Global.Privacy@prudential.com or 1-800-PRU-HELP (778-4357).