Building and managing long-term relationships based on mutual trust is vital to our strategy for corporate governance. Shareholders, who invest in our company and elect the board of directors, are entitled to meaningful information about the company's business, policies and practices so they can make informed decisions and knowledgeably participate in the proxy voting process.
We hope to foster more open dialogue with shareholders by offering a variety of avenues for shareholders to communicate with the Board and encouraging shareholders to contact us at any time of year. Our shareholders are able to communicate their thoughts or concerns related to executive compensation directly to the Compensation Committee via our online Executive Compensation Feedback form. Shareholders and other interested parties may communicate with the Board by letter or email.
Our year-round engagement program promotes greater communication with our investors.
- Senior management and Board members met with institutional investors who collectively hold a majority of our shares.
- At least once a year, investors meet and present to the full Board.
- Engagement discussions addressed executive compensation, corporate culture, succession planning, sustainability and human capital management.
- Investor feedback is shared with the entire Board to inform environmental, social and governance policy discussions.
- The Board of Directors released videos in conjunction with the 2020 Proxy Statement, featuring Sandra Pianalto, member of our Finance and Corporate Governance and Business Ethics committees, Michael A. Todman, member of our Finance and Compensation committees, and Robert M. Falzon, our Vice Chairman. In these videos, the directors share their views regarding Prudential’s Board and corporate governance practices.
*SOURCE: PRUDENTIAL FINANCIAL, INC. 2020 PROXY STATEMENT