As a leading life insurer and asset manager, Prudential believes that a healthy environment helps us create and preserve value for our customers, employees and investors, and that deteriorating environmental conditions pose unacceptable challenges to our quality of life and our business.
We recognize the emerging risk of global climate change, and the impact it could have on our industry, our customers, our employees and our neighbors. We have a strong corporate commitment to clean and renewable energy and energy efficiency, both in our operations and in our investments.
By engaging with customers, investors, employees and other stakeholders, we will continue to develop our understanding of climate and energy, and take additional actions that protect the environment and strengthen our businesses. In this work, Prudential engages with a wide variety of stakeholder organizations, including:
- Ceres Investor Network on Climate Risk
- Principles for Responsible Investment - Manager Selection Working Group
- Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) – Benchmark Committee
- Pension Real Estate Association – Technology and Sustainability Affinity Group
- Urban Land Institute’s Greenprint Center for Building Performance - Performance Committee
- Urban Land Institute’s Responsible Property Investment Council
- US Green Building Council, New Jersey Chapter – Board of Directors
Prudential is also a signatory of the Geneva Association’s Statement on Climate Risk.
Prudential is focused on instilling the principle of environmental stewardship throughout our global businesses. We believe that doing so benefits our clients, employees and shareholders- and future generations.