To that end, Prudential commissioned Kantar Futures to conduct research aimed at getting a deeper understanding of Millennials’ views about work and career, health and wellness, personal finance, and technology over the next 40 years.
Among the findings:
- 72% are nervous that employers will stop providing healthcare and retirement benefits.
- 84% are nervous about the continually rising cost of education.
- 75% feel people will struggle with new digital tools and technologies in the workplace.
To help attract and retain Millennial employees, employers should consider:
- Structuring benefits offerings to help employees customize coverage to suit their needs.
- Expanding workplace offerings to include education planning, payroll deduction savings vehicles, or a student loan repayment benefit.
- Providing technical training, tuition assistance, or learning opportunities to hone new skills.