Prudential Financial is committed to doing business the right way. As part of our corporate social responsibility, the company is taking action to minimize the impact of its business activities on the environment, while creating opportunities for employees, other businesses and our neighbors to build greener futures. From our recycling and Green IT and printing programs to our investments in wind power to our socially responsible investment funds, we are working to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and to help ensure environmental sustainability both in the U.S. and abroad. We are also members of a broad range of environmentally focused organizations, including:
- Environmental Protection Energy Star Program
- Maplecroft Climate Innovation Index
- Business Roundtable's Climate Resolve initiative
- TransitChek® Transit Reimbursement Incentive Program
- U.N.-backed Principles for Responsible Investment
- Greenprint Foundation
- Investor Network on Climate Risk
We are also committed to the disclosure of our domestic environmental footprint (Scopes 1 and 2) through the Carbon Disclosure Project.
In 2010, we were recognized for our environmental efforts:
- Newsweek magazine ranked us 88th on its Green Rankings list, which quantifies the environmental footprints, policies and reputations of the 500 largest U.S. companies.
- Maplecroft Climate Innovation Index named us to their Leaders list, the 100 top performing companies from the Maplecroft CII Benchmark. Prudential was lauded for implementing several efficiency and energy renewal initiatives and assessing our risk exposure to physical climate change impacts.
Proactive initiatives, investing in sound technology, transparency about our efforts and creating relationships with stakeholder groups are all part of Prudential's ongoing Commitment to the Environment.
Here's how we're making a difference:
Prudential businesses in the U.S. and abroad are focusing on a broad range of activities that contribute to the protection of the environment.
Across the country, Prudential Financial actively supports a broad range of employee and community efforts to improve the environment.
Prudential Financial has for more than 20 years been a major investor in alternative sources of energy and is at the forefront of efforts to construct "green" buildings.