About Cookies and Pixel Tags.
There are times when you may choose to give us personal information about you. For example, you may ask that a Prudential representative call you, or you may request a quote for insurance. We need certain information from you so we can respond to your request. Many of our customers register for online access to their account information. We need information from you to register you, and authenticate you, for this access.
We collect Personal Information that you give us, for example, to
- request a call from a Prudential representative
- register for a service on this website
- instruct us to perform a transaction, if you are a registered customer
- complete a survey
This information commonly includes your name, address, email address, telephone number, and, if applicable, your account number. Our website has security safeguards that are designed to protect the security of any personal information that you decide to give us via the Internet.
Site Visitorship Data and Online Tracking
Site Visitorship Data is data about the way a website is used that is not associated with an individual's identity. We collect information about visitors to our web site for these reasons:
- to analyze how visitors use and navigate our site
- to evaluate consumer responses to surveys and our advertisements on other web sites
- to serve you Prudential advertisements when you visit the web sites of third parties
Prudential arranges for advertisements with links to Prudential websites to be placed on third party web sites and web pages.
The kind of information we collect includes:
- the number of visitors to our site
- the pages visited on our site
- the features used
- how long a visitor stays
- the domain name of the site from which visitors connect to our site
- to respond to your request for a call, referral, or quote
- to process transactions you request
- to tell you about products or services we offer
- to authenticate registered customers
- manage the website
- help resolve problems
- analyze use of the site
- tell you about products or services we offer
- the appropriate Prudential organization or franchise so it can respond to your request or tell you about a product or service it offers
- a Prudential agent or an independent insurance agent to provide you with a policy quotation or other information regarding insurance and financial service products.
- third parties as permitted or required by law, for example:
- vendors that provide service to us
- law enforcement authorities
- 1-800-PRU-HELP (778-4357)
- the telephone number associated with the particular online form
- your Prudential representative