Our Risk Transfer Strategies
Prudential's range of risk transfer strategies is broader than ever. In fact, we have recently expanded our product platform to:
- Meet the needs of well-funded and under-funded plans;
- Provide enhanced participant security; and
- Create a clear path to pension plan de-risking.
Our newest alternatives complement more traditional approaches. Alongside Prudential's Traditional Buy-Out—our flagship General Account offering—we have recently launched two new products:
- Portfolio Protected Buy-Out, which settles pension liabilities with enhanced participant security; and
- Portfolio Protected Buy-In, which allows under-funded plans to transfer risk without significantly impacting funding levels, accelerating contributions or triggering a settlement charge.
These Portfolio Protected strategies feature insulated separate accounts to safeguard assets. Prudential is pleased to offer these Portfolio Protected solutions to all of our clients, regardless of size.
What's more, Prudential can target all of a plan's liabilities for de-risking—or just a segment of them—to address plan sponsors' specific risk transfer requirements. And finally, as a leader in flexible, innovative risk transfer strategies, Prudential can also offer customized risk transfer strategies that meet the unique needs of larger plans.
No two plan sponsors are the same. That's why Prudential's core risk transfer strategies offer plan sponsors the flexibility and security they need.