Choosing a financial professional
Form a relationship that will last.
One of the most important relationships you may ever have is the one with your financial professional. In fact, according to our 2014-2015 study, "Financial Experiences & Behaviors Among Women," women who use a financial professional report feeling much more confident about their finances than those who do not.
A financial professional can help you:
- Develop a financial plan to see you through retirement
- Select appropriate investment products
- Understand the risks and rewards associated with various products
- Fund a college education
- Choose a life insurance policy
- Invest money from an inheritance or windfall
- Respond to financial obligations associated with the death of a spouse
- Process investment transactions
- Review your portfolio holdings
In fact, according to a LIMRA Retirement study, pre-retirees and retirees who work with advisors are more confident about their retirement outlook: