Checklist: Open House Made Easy
Give Homebuyers a Positive First Impression
Homebuyers typically form their impression of a house within the first few minutes of entry. That’s why it’s important for you to take steps to ensure that they get a positive first impression of your house. Here’s a checklist of things to do in preparation for an open house:
- Keep pets out of the way.
- Open drapes and turn on lights.
- Make the exterior presentable (clean sidewalks and driveways, mow the lawn).
- Turn off the TV. Turn on soft music.
- Bake cookies in the oven or put out flowers to make sure it smells nice.
- Depending on the season, have a fire in the fireplace or put on the air conditioning.
- Put out refreshments such as coffee, cider, or lemonade.