Buying a new home
What can a realtor do for you?
In today’s world, you can use the Internet to shop for a car, get reviews for digital cameras, and check out a seating chart before you buy concert tickets. You can also use the Internet to research neighborhoods where you’re considering buying a home.
But should you do all the research yourself? Or should you work with a realtor?
Here are some advantages to working with a realtor in the neighborhood you’re considering:
- A realtor will know almost everything you’ll want to know about the area – from the quality of the schools and property taxes to safe neighborhoods and proximity to mass transportation.
- A realtor can explain all the details involved with purchasing a home, such as the contract signing, home inspection, and title search.
- A realtor can help you figure out how much house you can afford and explain different financing options.
- With access to most of the homes for sale in the area, a realtor can show you all of those that meet your criteria and are in your price range.
- A realtor can help you decide how much money to offer on a house, and give you advice if you need to make a counter-offer or if you’re bidding against another buyer.
Your home is likely the largest purchase you’ll ever make. Getting expert assistance from a realtor can help you find the home you love.